The NFPA Student Career Connections Program – An Easy Way to Connect with Students
The first Student Career Connections event took place at Price Engineering, an NFPA member in Hartland, Wis., earlier this year.
Here is a quick overview of the program:
- Students and teachers from local middle or high schools tour an NFPA member company.
- A member from that company speaks to students about careers, what a workday is like, and how to get into the industry, etc.
- Members work with students to put together a basic fluid power classroom kit.
- Lunch is provided by member company if time allows.
- NFPA provides teachers with a fluid power curriculum that has been used in several Project Lead The Way (PLTW) schools before the group leaves.
The schedule can be adjusted to fit the company’s available time and resources. For more information on how to host a Student Career Connections event at your company, contact Lynn Beyer at (414) 778-3364. (Lynn can help you connect with a school in your area.)