All Certified Professional Engineers or degree equivalent (Bachelor of Science from ABET-recognized university) may apply for this certification. Additional requirements:
1.IFPS Specialist Certification*
(effective January 1, 2018, all three Specialist certifications will be required)
2. Connector & Conductor written test
3. Five (5) signed professional references
4. Certified Professional Engineer or degree equivalent (BS from ABET-
5. Eight years work experience in the fluid power and motion
6. Completion of IFPS Engineer Application, which is then put before the IFPS Board of Directors or Certification Review Committee for approval.
* If Specialist certification was obtained before HS and PS became separate entities (1998), the current Specialist certification will fulfill the HS requirement only; the PS or the ECS test must be taken and passed as well before applying for Engineer certification.