Fluid Power System Designer is an expanded credential focusing on advanced, system-level hydraulic, pneumatic, and electronic controls expertise along with verifiable industry experience and is open to all qualifying individuals.
1. IFPS Specialist certification*
(effective January 1, 2018, all three Specialist certifications will be required)
2. Connector & Conductor written test
3. Five (5) signed professional references
4. Verifiable fluid power design experience
5. Agreement to abide by the IFPS Code of Ethics
6. Six (6) years minimum system design OR any of the following:
7. Completion of IFPS System Designer Application, which is then put before the IFPS Board of Directors or Certification Review Committee for approval.
* If Specialist certification was obtained before HS and PS became separate entities (1998), the current Specialist certification will fulfill the HS requirement only; the PS or the ECS test must be taken and passed as well before applying for System Designer certification.