Take Your Best Shot!
Submit your fluid power photo HERE to take your shot at prize money and recognition.
Each year, the International Fluid Power Society and the Fluid Power Journal hold a photo contest in honor of Fluid Power Professionals’ Day. This year’s contest runs from January 1 through March 31, 2018.
The 2018 categories are:
- New Perspective: Photos that show fluid power used in novel ways and from views not everyone gets to see.
- Teamwork: Photos of people working together using fluid power to get the job done.
- Fun with Fluid Power: Photos that capture the joy of using, learning, or teaching about hydraulics and pneumatics.
- The Muscle of Fluid Power: Photos that capture the might of fluid power in action.
A People’s Choice prize will be awarded based on votes during a one-week voting period – stay tuned for details.
Photos are judged by the following criteria:
- Subject: Does the photo clearly depict fluid power?
- Originality: Is the photo fresh and unique?
- Visual Impact: Is the photo dramatic and visually impressive?
- Quality: Is the photo in focus with good contrast, lighting, and capture the subject? (Hint: use a resolution of 300 ppi at 100% size for the best results.)
A panel of judges will announce three winners for each category on June 19, 2018 in celebration of Fluid Power Professional’s Day.
The following cash prizes will be awarded:
1st – $250, 2nd – $100, 3rd – $50, People’s Choice – $100
Tagged 2018, fluid power professionals day, ifps, photo contest