Offshore Technology Conference 2017
May 1-4, 2017 • NRG Park, Houston, TX
Monday, May 1 • 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Tuesday, May 2 • 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Wednesday, May 3 • 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Thursday, May 4 • 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
The Offshore Technology Conference (OTC) is where energy professionals meet to exchange ideas and opinions to advance scientific and technical knowledge for offshore resources and environmental matters. OTC features more than 2,300 exhibitors and attendees representing 100 countries. Founded in 1969, OTC’s flagship conference is held annually in Houston. The conference has expanded globally with the Artic Technology Conference, OTC Brasil, OTC Asia, and d5. OTC Is sponsored by 13 nonprofit organizations in the energy industry who work cooperatively to develop the technical program. Revenue from the conference directly benefits the membership of these societies.
2017 Technical Program Highlights
- Updates on World-Class Projects: Low oil prices create the demand for game-changing, lower-cost methods, resulting in an environment rich for breakthrough technologies. These advancements fundamentally change what we do—and OTC is the stage where it is presented.
- Strategies for Adapting to a Lower-Priced Environment: Addressing the effective use of technology and standardization to reduce costs.
- New Developments in Major Offshore Basins: Major changes are underway in Mexico and Brazil concerning regulation and development of offshore resources.
- Safety and Risk Management: While the transition to a lower cost is critical to the industry, safety and environmental responsibility remain the cornerstone of success.
- Offshore Renewable Energy: Designing and developing offshore renewable energy structures and infrastructure.
- Digital Revolution: Looking closely at big data and the growing importance of cybersecurity.
The above information was taken from the OTC website. To learn more about the conference, and to view the OTC technical program in more detail, visit ww.otcnet.org.