The Certification Journey
Are you interested in certification but unclear on how to get started? Here are the steps to becoming a certified fluid power professional.
1. Select your certification.
2. Submit your application for specialist, technician, mechanic, connector and conductor, engineer, or system designer.
3. Prepare – Study, study, study. IFPS offers many tools to help you prepare:
- Study manuals – IFPS study manuals are available in print, PDF, flash drives, and interactive online.
- Online interactive study manuals for hydraulic and pneumatic specialist certifications. Once purchased, you’ll have access to the learning management system for one year.
- IFPS highly recommends that you take the online pretests as well as pretests in the back of the study manual before you take your certification test.
- Certification review classroom training – IFPS offers 4-day, in-person training sessions with a certified instructor, generally for groups of five or more.
- Animated circuits – The schematics in IFPS study manuals are available in animation for a better understanding of how hydraulic and pneumatic circuits operate. The color-coded circuits are available as mpf and wmv files.
- Webinars and study groups – Accredited instructors present webinars and study groups that are free to members. Members also have access to a library of previously recorded webinars. Consider an IFPS membership.
4. Take the test at your scheduled location.
5. Recertify in five years.
For more information, visit ifps.org/how-to-get-started.