Fluid Power Journal

The IFPS and the Military

military feat

G.I. Bill Information

The IFPS is an approved organization by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) to provide reimbursement for certification test fees.  If you are eligible, the VA can reimburse you for taking IFPS-approved certification tests.

You may be eligible if you qualify for any of the following:

  • Montgomery GI Bill (MGIB)
  • Montgomery GI Bill Selected Reserves (MGIB-SR) (Public Law 109-163 enacted January 6, 2006)
  • Reserve Education Assistance Program (REAP) (Public Law 109-163 enacted January 6, 2006)
  • Veterans Educational Assistance (VEAP)
  • Dependents Educational Assistance (DEA)

The following IFPS certification tests are approved for reimbursement:

  • Industrial Hydraulic Technician
  • Mobile Hydraulic Technician
  • Pneumatic Technician
  • Industrial Hydraulic Mechanic
  • Mobile Hydraulic Mechanic
  • Pneumatic Mechanic
  • Hydraulic Specialist
  • Pneumatic Specialist

How Much Can You Receive?

You can receive reimbursement of up to $2,000 per test, but not more than the VA-approved cost of the test. You may receive benefits to retake a test you didn’t pass.
You must be eligible for benefits in order to receive test reimbursement. Your total months of benefits will be reduced each time you receive reimbursement for a certification test.

Where can you get more information?

If you have questions about certification reimbursement or applying for benefits, you can

  • Go to the VA site: www.GIBILL.va.gov and click on “Support.”
  • Call the VA at 1-888-GIBILL-1 (1-888-442-4551) or for the hearing-impaired call 1-800-829-4833.

Army COOL and Navy COOL

Many IFPS certifications are approved through Army COOL and Navy COOL (Credentialing Opportunities On-Line.) Credential voucher or reimbursement for credential exam, recertification, or maintenance fee has been approved for payment through the Army or Navy’s Credential Program office.
COOL (Credentialing Opportunities On-Line) helps Army and Navy Service members find information on certifications and licenses related to enlisted ratings, designators, collateral duties/out-of-rate assignments, and officer designators. COOL explains how sailors and soldiers can meet civilian certification and license requirements, and provides links to numerous resources to help get them started.

army cool

COOL is a resource for

  • Service Members (enlisted and officers) who want to know what civilian credentials relate to their ratings, designators, and collateral duties/out-of-rate assignments and how to obtain the credentials
  • Education, Career, and Transition Counselors providing guidance on education, professional growth, and career requirements and opportunities
  • Recruiters who want to show potential recruits the opportunities for professional growth and civilian career preparation available through Army and Navy service
  • Employers and Credentialing Boards interested in how military training and experience prepares Army and Navy service members for civilian credentials and jobs

ifps-logoIFPS Military Discounts are designed for active duty military or active duty reservist personnel. Visit www.ifps.org or call 800-308-6005.

  • Membership Discounts
  • Certification Test Fee Discounts

fpef-logoFluid Power Educational Foundation (FPEF) Scholarships and Grants for Transitioning Military Personnel for IFPS Certification and Membership

Individual scholarships and grants are available to transitioning military personnel for one (1) IFPS certification and one (1) year IFPS membership. E-mail info@fpef.org or call 856-424-8998. (DD214 with honorable discharge needed.)

Share this information.

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *