University Fluid Power Clubs Will Connect Students to Local Industry
NFPA is building resources for students at all grade levels to be educated in fluid power and working to connect these students to NFPA industry members for career information and jobs. Most recently, we have begun helping support fluid power clubs at universities in order for engineering students to explore fluid power in greater depth before graduation.
Through this program, students are able to:
- Learn about fluid power while working on educational and technical projects and other fun activities
- Gain knowledge that would be particularly beneficial if the club/school participates in the NFPA Vehicle Challenge
- Get access to guest speakers and mentors from the fluid power industry
- Hear about job opportunities in the industry
- Find out about grants and scholarship opportunities
- Boost leadership experience and professional development
Supported Fluid Power Clubs receive an annual stipend of $2,000 that can be used for:
- Materials for fluid power projects
- Catering for events and meetings, especially those involving NFPA industry members (Alcohol will not be covered)
- Travel to/from fluid power industry tours
- Other costs as approved by NFPA
If you work with a university in your community, please let them know about this great opportunity! Interested clubs can learn more and apply for support here. Contact Lynn Beyer at email@example.com or (414) 778-3364 with questions.