IEOC Speakers Announced
The National Fluid Power Association’s 2020 Industry & Economic Outlook Conference, conducted virtually this year, has released its lineup of speakers for the three-day conference.
The sessions take place Aug. 11-13, from 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. ET each day. Presenters speak on topics including industry forecasts, geopolitical trends, and the global marketplace.
Registration is open at http://nfpahub.com/events/conferences/the-ieoc/.
Here are the general session speakers:
- Alan Beaulieu, ITR Economics, explores the future of the U.S. economy using a variety of macro- and industry-level perspectives, with an additional focus on key global economies’ effect on the U.S. marketplace.
- Eli Lustgarten, ESL Consultants Inc., offers a general overview and detailed forecasts for the fluid power industry’s key end-use markets.
- Sam Potolicchio, Director of Global and Custom Education at Georgetown University, covers key geopolitical trends likely to impact businesses with global exposure and ranks the top five global risks to businesses.
- Sergio Rebelo, Kellogg School of Management, shares his predictions for potential short- and long-term economic consequences of the COVID-19 pandemic and the policies required to address them.
- Michael Reid, Oxford Economics, discusses international economic trends affecting the global marketplace and the impact on our future economy.
- Alex Chausovsky, ITR Economics, discusses everything that influences the fluid power industry, including key end-use markets, related leading indicators, and a detailed industry outlook.
Mobile and industrial breakout session speakers explore crucial topics related to market analysis, trends, and outlooks for specific mobile- and industrial-related markets:
- Eric Starks, FTR Associates, discusses the current and future economic and technological trends in the heavy and light truck market.
- Chuck Yengst, Yengst & Associates, provides an outlook for the fluid power industry’s top end-use market: construction machinery.
- Eli Lustgarten, ESL Consultants Inc., takes a deep dive into the drivers and outlook surrounding our industry’s second-largest end-use market: agricultural machinery.
- Scott Hazelton, IHS Markit, examines how current and predicted economic conditions affect the future of the fluid power industry’s many industrial end-use markets.
- Donna Ritson, DDR Communications LLC, discusses her latest findings and insights on sustainability initiatives in packaging and processing industries. She includes the fast-growing but minimally automated cannabis industry as a potential growth market.
- Pat McGibbon, Association for Manufacturing Technology, examines the metalworking/machine tool market’s current standing in the U.S. economy and discusses his outlook for this popular fluid power end-user.