Fluid Power Journal

IFPS Fluid Power Engineer Certification

ifps-logo-thumbAll Certified Professional Engineers or degree equivalent (Bachelor of Science from ABET-recognized university) may apply for this certification. Additional requirements:

Requirements for IFPS Engineer Certification:

1.IFPS Specialist Certification*
(effective January 1, 2018, all three Specialist certifications will be required)

  • Hydraulic Specialist certification, AND/OR
  • Pneumatic Specialist certification, AND/OR
  • Electronic Controls certification

2. Connector & Conductor written test

3. Five (5) signed professional references

4. Certified Professional Engineer or degree equivalent (BS from ABET-
recognized university)

5. Eight years work experience in the fluid power and motion
control industry

6. Completion of IFPS Engineer Application, which is then put before the IFPS Board of Directors or Certification Review Committee for approval.

* If Specialist certification was obtained before HS and PS became separate entities (1998), the current Specialist certification will fulfill the HS requirement only; the PS or the ECS test must be taken and passed as well before applying for Engineer certification.

Visit www.ifps.org for more information.

Share this information.

Related Posts

One thought on “IFPS Fluid Power Engineer Certification”

  1. Larry Morton says:

    I have a BS in Mechanical Engineering degree from Wichita State University and have 15 years working at NIAR which would give me experience with fluid power and controls which are used to supply load to the commercial, military, space and components flight test articles, will this qualify for a CFPE?


    L Morton

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *