The Fluid Power Journal is searching for an editor. The editor is a flexible position and although the ideal candidate would be someone physically working from our offices in Pennsylvania, much of the work may be accomplished from a home office.
Job Description – following is a brief description of some of the major job duties, which the candidate in the position would be responsible for:
• Advance annual planning of editorial calendar and quarterly planning for editorial coverage.
• Solicit and edit features articles each month related to the technology topic and /or market focus designated for the particular issue
• Solicit and edit professional development feature, as well as, sidebars as necessary
• Solicit and edit regular department contributions (notable words. Mathematical teasers, Q+A, association news, etc.)
• Solicit and prepare calendar of events
• Solicit product releases and edit when necessary
• Solicit and edit Industry News section (personnel promotions – people in the news, company/advertiser news, etc.)
• Develop and maintain editorial database in client’s MagHub software
• Field editorial calls and inquiries
• Work closely with The International Fluid Power Society (IFPS) and the Journal Team
• Copy-edit and proof final publication master pdf’s
• Review media kit annually for input and proofing with sales staff
• Organize, plan and hold quarterly teleconferences with FPS Team and IFPS Journal Oversight Committee
• Assist with website text creation and editing in communication with marketing and production staff as required.
To be considered for the position, please send your resume, as well as years of fluid power experience, years of editorial experience and years of publication experience.